Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Web 2.0 Reflection

Web 2.0 allows us to move into a new frontier of internet technology. Instead of simply using the internet as a resource to locate information, we can now use the internet to interact with a global audience. Web 2.0 tools allow users to create, store, and share with others and have opened doors for communication that were previously unavailable or available only at a high cost. In the Web 2.0 world, the sky is the limit!

If you are interested in a Web 2.0 tool that will allow you to become an author and share your work with others, check out CAST UDL BOOKBUILDER. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that students of any age can sign up for accounts and utilize this resource so it's a great way of integrating your curriculum with a technology rich environment!

Today I revisited my Delicious account that I set up last year and promptly forgot about. I'd forgotten how cool this tool is and am going to make a better effort to utilize this resource to improve instruction and learning!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I agree. I didn't see any age limit and it is specifically designed for use with younger students.

    I hope that Delicious proves to be a valuable resource for you. If not, there are several others that you might want to try. One is Diigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I agree. I didn't see any age limit and it is specifically designed for use with younger students.

    I hope that Delicious proves to be a valuable resource for you. If not, there are several others that you might want to try. One is Diigo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your help yesterday and the
    info with link in your blog. Eventually I hope to be able to do half the things you already are able to!

    ReplyDelete